Week 4: Back to three shots...

In our meeting with DWA on Friday, Dave said he liked the drama and effect we were creating with the slower camera move, but suggested that we use that shot as support for additional, more compelling views of the scene. In an effort to create more camera angles that showcase our narrative, I worked on re-framing the scene using three different camera shots, each of which leads the viewer through the room. The first shot is the establishing shot that we were working on in Week 3, followed by a dutch-tilt view of desk and back corner of the room (revealing the investigation board, filing cabinets, and broken safe in more detail), and the final shot is a close angle detail view of the safe and filing cabinets in disarray. The team is really excited about this movement, and we think it tells our story better than any of our previous iterations. We have not yet worked out the lighting for shots two and three, so we only have a playblast of the camera move so far, which you can watch below:

New Playblast of Camera Move

Additionally, I finished the model for the telephone. I still have to UV the model, but for now, reference images and renders of my progress can be seen below:

Telephone Reference

Telephone Model Renders

Each group member has also been working on developing our VDev Rig, so that we can begin surfacing and texturing the assets we've been creating. We haven't decided yet on which VDev Rig would be best for our project and we're waiting to hear back from DWA with feedback on the images we sent them. You can check out renders of each of our VDev Rigs and diagnostic spheres below:

VDev Rigs and Diagnostic Spheres