Week 9: Finishing Touches

We sent our new renders to DWA on Wednesday night and got some feedback on the reflection on our door glass. I worked on adding in a bounce card behind the desk to illuminate the glass shader better, and also added a card behind the door to add more light to the door's wood shader. Dave liked the changes we made and suggested that, now that I have the reflection working better, I should tone down the light intensity by half. Today, I implemented those changes and we rendered out sequences for each of our shots. Once the renders were done, I worked on editing the shots in post. I composited the fog into the shots using a blurred version of the color pass to add color to the fog that reflected the room. This made a HUGE difference in our renders, and now the fog feels much more physically accurate. I also added in dust motes to the light beams and fog of each shot, and composited in some subtle film grain. All of these changes seem to have really taken our renders to a more photo-real level. I can't wait to see what DWA thinks tomorrow! The new sequence can be seen below, as well as a comparison of the lighting with and without fog color.

New Sequence

Fog Comparison