Week 5: Drone Shots, HDRs, and Lighting Match

Footage

When we reshot on Saturday, Will was able to bring along his friend from the film department who shot some plates using his drone. I am SUPER excited to work with this footage. It looks really cool and I think it will greatly contribute to the dynamic and cinematic quality of our commercial. The most recent cut of all of our plates can be seen below. *NOTE! The plates have not been properly color corrected yet, so they are mismatched.

HDRIs

I also cleaned and stitched all the HDRIs together from our shoot. I took 3 different HDRIs for the first sequence to increase the information for reflections. The last HDRI from sequence 1 can also be used for sequence 2 (the corner where the car turns). I took a final HDRI in the parking lot for the last shot. The results of my HRDIs are below. Keep in mind these are the 8-bit PNG versions of the 32-bit radiance files, so the color space is a little different.

Camera and Lighting

Additionally, I matched the camera for our final parking lot shot. I used the old camera matching method of matching with a box instead of camera tracking because our final shot is a still plate. I was able to get a good match and start on the lighting match as well. I'm not super satisfied with the lighting match just yet, as I had to finesse it a little be more in comp than I would have liked, but it's a good start. I will be tweaking the lighting in Maya a little more so that the renders match more closely from the get-go. My camera and lighting matches are shown below.

Camera Match

shot3_cameraMatch.PNG

Lighting Match